Jan 20, 2010

Stone Giants 2



These are so far from right it's silly. I needed to purge this design train from my mind before I could begin on a new one. That's not to say that I don't like these -- I do. I'll have to keep them in mind for a project down the line.

I'm not quite sure where to go from here, but that's alright. Again, these are not going to be showing up in the finals, so this is just me brainstorming.

The only thing the giants do in the book is throw boulders to each other and laugh. It's implied that the giants are largely mean, but not always. The things that I want to happen with the characters, or the things that I want to draw in this case are way off the mark. I'm trying too hard to reconcile what I want to draw with what I ought to draw and it's leading me to some very misguided results.

It's a good thing this isn't happening with any of the important aspects of the story.

2 comments:

  1. the two left most ones work the best over all so far I think. When I read your description of the rock throwers I for some reason just instantly think of the Rock Biter and his baby from the Never Ending Story. If you keep having problems perhaps try making them more orga than meca. They feel very like suit and armor ready for battle right now. OH even maybe check out the Giants from Zelda Majora's Mask. I always loved their design with little bodies and long ass legs.

    http://tiniestsprinter.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/rock-biter.jpg

    http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06/Walkthrough/6/6_Giants04.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one on the bottom right really reminds me of something... I think it's an okami villain I'm thinking of.

    ReplyDelete