May 4, 2008

I guess I'm getting better

Hey dudes. Guess who's getting better? Me, sort of. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to hopefully get some antibiotics to fix my throat. Maybe I have tonsillitis or something. Whatever it is, it's stupid and ought to die.

This past Friday I was in New York for the Society of Illustrators student show. I wasn't in it, but a whole bunch of MICA seniors were. Hop on over to Kali's blog to see a couple goofy pictures and some of the talented folks who got in. Kali got her super sweet Estelle LeBlanc poster in! Special congratulations also to Jeremy, who won the absolute grand prize, and Eamonn, who won a cool grand.

So, seeing as it's finals time and I've been sick, I've got this disgusting backlog of work to do. Normally, I try and keep posts relegated to the end of the week, when I actually have some time to sit down and write things at me leisure, but this is only one of four pieces I have due this week, so I'm splitting it up some.

This was an assignment for our Fashion Illustration class, which still isn't Fashion. It's being led by Frank Stockton who is sometimes called Frankstock and apparently called Stocktone (emphasis on the tone, if you ask Sam Weber). Anyway, this assignment was based on a list of things called "Things Worth Shortening Your Life For". For some reason I decided to do one based on professional weight lifting. Here it is.




I'm still working on combining traditional media with digital stuff. This was acrylic, ink, and photoshop all slammed together in the end. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, considering I did it super, super quickly. Anyway, I don't really have much to say about that.

This week I've got a few more things. First I have a piece based on the fortune, "You will become more passionate and determined about your convictions," which has a cannon and some arrows in it. Then I have an advertisement for some sort of razorblade which has some birds in it. And finally, I have this golem thing I've been putting off working on for so long. Those'll all be up at the end of the week, I think.

Ok bye!

5 comments:

  1. That piece is pretty slick.

    So's your lobster tie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and when I said lobster, I guess I meant scorpion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good, Slam. Good to hear you're feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, your guy makes my stallone look like a pansey , NICE,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment. I am very pleased with it. We'll be around B-more for a while, visiting Philly/Chicago here and there. Just name the print you'd like and we'll trade. Im sure your images will become a hot commodities before long, and Id like to have one.

    ReplyDelete