Feb 11, 2009

Out of the wasteland there comes a redeemer



"There are some things that are forbidden among all of the actuarial guilds, I later learned, though they are difficult to resist. The sandy-haired man had predicted the exact date and time of his own death, a power that each actuary possesses but is encouraged not to use, for it tends to color all his future analysis darkly."

-John Hodgman, The Areas of My Expertise (pg 39)

So much hassle and I complete my first piece of the semester, and boy is it "okay."

I hope to have something more interesting for you fine people next time.

4 comments:

  1. I dig it. Strangely enough, 'Areas of My Expertise' was on my final Illustrated Book shortlist but I decided I liked it too much to inevitably ruin it and hate it forever. What class was this for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is some great personality in these faces. Also, I like the color palette a lot. I think I'm going to go ahead and promote this to better than "okay".

    ReplyDelete
  3. do i spy a teacup tattoo? i sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it quite much. Actuaries, sitting around burning incense and reading entrails. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete