Jun 7, 2010

Gollum 4



So, no Hobbit final this week.

Every month I spend an enormous amount of time on this project, and every month I end up stressing out way more than I should, considering this project is supposed to be for fun. It's really difficult for me do spend the appropriate amount of time every month to deliver a quality piece while still having the time to pay my bills. I have a very slim window in which to complete these pieces, and if things don't click right away it puts me in a real jam.

So, in an effort to maintain my sanity and interest in giving you consistently good pieces, I'm easing up on the Picturebook Report schedule. Instead of giving you a new piece every month, I'm instead planning on completing a piece every two months. I'll still deliver a monthly post on Picturebook Report, but half of those will be collections of some of the process work that I've done and will continue to do for this project.

I hope that the work I put forth will be worth the wait, and I sincerely appreciate everyone stopping by and commenting just being interested in general. I hope you will do the same with Picturebook Report. It is extremely difficult to put up quality work every month for no tangible reward, and the contributors to Picturebook Report are doing a damn good job.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sam,

    I think your work is absolutely amazing. And I appreciate your posts on this blog and the PBR. I find making a personal piece is often more of a time drain than any professional gig.

    Kind regards,

    Wouter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't complain. Take your time.

    (regarding the actual drawings : love the beard and the big pupils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about it man. I've only just got out of school and I can already see how difficult it is to make a good piece while juggling a full time job with your personal life. Sometimes it requires too much sacrifice to get it out quickly and then you'll just be unhappy with both! So take your time and make it look bitchin' hot. :]

    These are very mignola/davis reminiscent! Love it.

    ReplyDelete